Saturday, May 7, 2022

Trials


We have been working to empty out and sell my childhood home. I say "we", but it really has been my siblings who have done the work. My brother has been the captain of this endeavor. My mom never threw anything away. Her cancelled checks. Plastic Easter eggs. Gas station green stamp glassware. The sacred and the profane. 

I want to publicly thank my brother for all of his hard work. He has managed to clear out the house, and to make improvements that will make the house more likely to sell.

Meanwhile, my dad has been struggling with his mental health. My sister has shepherded and supported him through his difficulties with dementia. We are all so blessed to benefit from her leadership, love, and kindness. 

Recently, my dad needed to move into a care home. My sister arranged everything. She visits him daily. She negotiates the daily difficulties.

This is not for the faint of heart, and I am weak. I could not weather this alone. I am so thankful for my siblings, and for their spouses... Pray for us all.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...