Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Noodling Around






This is the time of year when I can play around with clay a bit. Normally, I'm making work for a show in January. But, it appears that the show isn't happening at the same time this year. So, there is a less frantic feeling in the clay shed. So far, I've made a new sign for my great nephew Gabe, and a giant sculptural pot. This pot will have an ornate floral topiary on top. 

Today, and yesterday, I spent some time making a tray/pedestal out of paper clay. There are cups or chunky carved bowls that will go on top.

In the days to come, I'm going to make some floral wreaths to go on my garage door, and maybe to hang on my back door. We'll see how they turn out. I need to fire some floral sprig molds that I made last week, as they will be needed to create the flowers and the leaves on the wreaths.


Gabe's play kitchen needs a sign...

This was built upside down...

More paper clay was added to the rim...

A floral topiary will sit on the urn...

These carved bowls have a tray...

The tray can also hold cups...









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...