Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Process Slideshows






I like to show process videos during Open Studios. My studio is a tiny tuff shed in the backyard. It's too weird to have people visit the hot, crowded shed. But, I want my guests to see how I work. This video shows how I construct Arbol de Vida forms. Because it's only a slideshow, it doesn't capture the drama of arbols slumping and falling over. There is no swearing. Everything is built with wet, floppy clay. They are definitely challenging.

This is a video that I made when I first started constructing this form. It's interesting to see the differences. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...