Thursday, July 15, 2021

Heal Thyself


This school year was a year of unsolvable, insurmountable problems. And, how do you recover from that? Solving problems successfully seems to be one way. So, I've been out in the clay shed each day. Yes, I'm creating work for Open Studios. But, more than that, I'm rescuing, and settling my troubled psyche. I'm rebuilding my confidence. With every piece successfully completed, I feel a tiny bit better. Don't forget: art saves.

These types of signs, or wall plaques are usually prone to cracking. But, firing them upright seems to help. Fingers crossed that after all of the glazing work, they don't crack on the last kiln trip! The initial firing awaits the sign in the top photo, and the bottom sign requires two more firings once the colors are applied...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...