Monday, February 12, 2018

Happy Abe Day



Thinking of entering these in a show...

It seems fitting to celebrate one of my favorite historical figures, by spending his holiday, doing what I love to do. There was a lot of work from Christmas vacation that needed glazing and sanding. So, I spent the day finishing up some projects, so that they can head into the next stage of their process. Most pieces will eventually need a dark colored wash, and then a final firing. It feels like my process takes so long, but it's nice to see so much work advance along the pipeline.


This is headed off to it's second firing...

This will eventually be the base of a sign for my house...

This is the base of a sculpture with a vintage globe...

These are beads for the house sign pole...

This is a large head that is about to be fired...

This dude needs sanding and then a kiln trip...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...