Saturday, March 4, 2023

Broken, But Not Beaten


I haven't been on here for a while... After months of scheduling doctor visits, I've finally been told that my right hip needs to be replaced. I was given a shot in my hip socket, and it lasted a month. Currently, the waves of pain are returning. My knee still isn't working properly after the scooter accident. But, there is a need to prioritize the problems.  

In the meantime, the pain has not stopped me from working in the shed. I also finally replaced my old kiln. This means that my work no longer needs troubleshooting after each firing. This is such an incredible relief. The new kiln is smaller. So, I can fire less work, and everything cools quickly. This is in keeping with my new artistic mission statement. No more shows. No more galleries. No more.

It feels good to simply hobble out to the shed to make whatever happens to strike my fancy. I'm making less, and feeling more.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...