Monday, June 27, 2022

Deep in the Mermaid Tank


I am not doing very well. School is out, and with little distraction, I'm thinking way too hard. I'm watching our country tear itself to pieces, which causes me to doom scroll for long periods of time. My heart is hurting.

One cure for depression is art. So, I've been toiling away. I've diversified into painting, basket making, ceramics, and a bit of needlework. Also, there is a lot of dog and cat snuggling. This week, I'm heading into exercise territory, but low effort because of joint pain. And, there will soon be scooter rides in nature with my sketchbook.

It's easy to lie in bed, and to feel sad about being unable to visit my dad. And, my body wants to stop moving, because it aches. I'm trying to at least read while being inactive. Also, I've been listening to some great audio books: "Braiding Sweetgrass", "These Precious Days", and "All Things Bright and Beautiful"... A new clay body in the shed is leading to constant discovery. I'm fully driving down the terra cotta road. It seems to fire better at my low temperature.

With each day, I'm striving to feel like less of a mermaid, muffled away in a glass tank. I want to hear, see, and feel. There are good days, and bad ones. Art saves.


  


 

1 comment:

  1. How are you? I just found your musings and clay art. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...