Saturday, January 1, 2022

Even More Wall Signs

"Love" wall sign

I made a few more wall plaques today. Some of my leaf sprigs were ready for action, but the best flower one cracked. I think that the brown clay releases better when the sprigs are made out of bisque fired B-mix clay. It seems like the B-mix is more porous. Anyway, I still need to carve, and make more sprigs.

I'm excited to be glazing the sign for Gabe's pretend restaurant. I used some Aardvark paper clay, and it has a pretty smooth finish, and resists cracking. 

Percy is adjusting to having only one eye. Today, he just sat in the sun for a while. Also, not having to wear a cone anymore allowed him to relax and stretch out.

"Home Sweet Home" wall sign...

Carved shapes become sprigs...

This is an older wall sign...

Gabe's restaurant signage...
Percy in the doorway...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...