Friday, January 21, 2022

Basket Making in the Time of Covid



Each year, my students learn a bit about basket making. We learn about some of the varieties of baskets that Native Californians historically made. Then, we use raffia and cotton string to create simple coiled "decorative storage" baskets. The students had a four week period in which to work. I am proud of the baskets that were made this year. I hope that since many students were quarantining and sheltering at home, that this brought a sense of peace, and creativity to their lives. I know that creating something from nothing helps me to endure my assorted woes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...