Thursday, July 23, 2020

Large Abstract Topiaries

                    




Today, I started a large project. I want to build two abstract topiaries in urns. The urns will sit on my mom's old sugar and flour tins that we cleaned out of the pantry. Today I coiled and built one topiary. The second, rounded topiary will need a flange on the bottom, which I'll make soon. The flange will enable it to sit up in the urn. Hopefully, I can start building the urns next week. I've had so many school meetings. It has really started putting a damper on my art time. This weekend, I'll try to get the bathroom painted. Then, the kitchen will need a lick of paint, too. This is the time of year when projects start to collide. 

While I worked, I listened to "The Dutch House" by Ann Patchett. Luckily, it was read by Tom Hanks. It was a good listen! And, there's plenty more of the story left for when I start working on the urns!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...