Sunday, July 26, 2020

Highway One Equals a Loved One




Today, I took a break from household chores, to visit with my best friends, Grant and Susie. They live in San Francisco, so we met up somewhere in between. That "somewhere" was Pescadero, a small coastal town off of the Pacific Coast Highway. Even though it was foggy this morning, and also on the way home, it's still one of my favorite drives. There are several beaches with parking lots, or pull outs, where you can stop and watch surfers. And, there were some excellent waves this morning.

I've started the process of painting my bathroom, and my kitchen. The rest of the house was painted during Christmas vacation. I'm excited to make some decorative changes to the bathroom, and especially to the kitchen. My friend Susie, in the photo below, is an excellent woodworker. Several years ago, she constructed a lovely plate rack for me to display my ceramic plates during Open Studios. I've decided to make it a permanent fixture in my kitchen, so a wall will be cleared to house it. Also, I just purchased a new stove, and a new refrigerator. When I moved into my house, twenty years ago, the fridge and the stove were part of the deal. They are in awful shape. Now that I've started cooking, I realize how horrible the stove is, and the fridge makes weird sounds all night, and is turning the wall behind it dark gray. It's time. 

It was fun to break free from quarantine, and to see Grant and Susie. I worry about them, as both have now returned to their work sites. And, their sons have returned to work, as well. I hope that we all can be safe to meet again in freer circumstances. It gives me great comfort to meet. The beaches were packed today with folks who just wanted to get outdoors. I'm hoping that everyone stayed safe...

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...