Thursday, May 9, 2019

Enduring to the End

Really frustrated with life at this moment...


This is always a difficult time of the year for me. It's an emotional time. The school year is wrapping up. Kids generally misbehave a lot, for a variety of reasons. And, it's always the busiest time of the year, because many projects need to be finished. It is a time of endurance.

This year, I have a few folks judging my worthiness. The judges don't really know me, or want to know me. There is a great deal of gossiping and glaring. It's an awful feeling. It's like middle school all over again. I generally give 110 percent. And, I feel like my heart is in the right place, and I care. The judges are not giving their best effort at all. But, that doesn't seem to matter. They cannot stand apart from themselves, and honestly evaluate their behavior. Maybe self-awareness comes with age and wisdom.

I've recently taken to doing my usual May read of "To Kill a Mockingbird". This time, I'm listening to the audio version, while crafting a "Jar of Wonders". This jar, or series of jars, will be filled with small ceramic shapes with meaning only to me. The shapes are able to be completed at half hour intervals each day, after school. It seems like the art time each day, along with the Mockingbird narration, is helping to soothe my ruffled, offended feathers.


Trying to complete a bit of work each day...


The pieces are small and therapeutic...

And, the shapes are organic...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...