Saturday, July 28, 2018

Thomas Hardy Odyssey



Thomas Hardy is one of my favorite authors. But, I haven't read any of his books for quite some time. So, this school year, I'm going to revisit a Thomas Hardy novel each month. One day, I hope to visit his home, Max Gate, in Dorset. Sounds like a great field trip for next summer, or the summer after. Think of how amazing it would be to sit in Thomas Hardy's study! Here is the preliminary reading schedule, subject to change or to random whim, of course:

September: The Woodlanders

October: A Pair of Blue Eyes

November: Far From the Madding Crowd

December: Tess of the d'Urbervilles

I'm hoping to continue on with my usual book club, as well. We'll see if I'm up to the task!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...