Saturday, July 28, 2018

Farewell to the Booth Babe

Our neighborhood is full of recyclers...

I've made a decision that I am not going to sell my work from an outdoor booth anymore. I had a very heavy and cumbersome booth set up, once upon a time. It looked nicely rustic, and involved a combination of real furniture display cases, and sawhorse and plank tables. The real furniture is now in my home. The display cases are full of books and nick-nacks. But, the planks and sawhorses, and the ginormous heavy standing panel, were in my garage. I have not used them for about six years.

In order to clean out the garage, and to make room for my car, scooter, two bicycles and the kiln, stuff has got to go. So, I lugged out my booth pieces, and set them out on the corner lawn sweet spot. These set a speed record. Within 42 seconds, a man named Juan drove up. He owns an auto repair and restoration shop. He asked if he could go get his pickup truck and take everything. I offered to stand out with the "stuff" while he was gone, so it wouldn't disappear before he got back. When we loaded the heavy panel board into his truck bed, it was a perfect fit! It was meant to be. Juan gave me his card, and told me that he'd happily detail my car in exchange, at any time.

And, now it's off to get making, out in the shed, feeling lighter and more free! Juan's happy (although he did have to see me in my pajamas with bed hair), and I'm happy...


Eugene wants no part of this activity...
I've given away so much stuff from this very spot...
Juan finally arrives in his truck...
Look! A perfect fit...
Saved this lady from off of the panel...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...