Friday, July 20, 2018

Clay Newbies

These guys are being told to behave their best...

My niece, Erin, teaches her kids a new topic each week. So, this week, they studied about sculpture, and visited my house. We learned about the ceramic process, and made some small projects. Afterward, we went to the park to unwind. It was a treat to work with all of them. They had surprisingly long attention spans and interest levels. I can't wait to fire their work, I know that they'll be excited to see the changes that happen to clay when it's fired.


Tried to set up little work areas for Gabe and Andy...
Ben is almost one, and didn't sit much...
Andy asked really good questions about clay...
Gabe liked glazing, and visiting the park...
Ben seemed to enjoy the dogs most of all...
We made rattles, pinch pots and glazed plates...
At dusk, I started back in on the awning project...
And, these guys cleaned up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...