Monday, December 27, 2021

North Wall Library Mural (Part 2)

The Earth and Mars came together pretty well. But, Jupiter gave me quite a bit of trouble. During Thanksgiving break, I painted a quick 12 x 12 study with new colors. Thankfully, I listened to an audio book, and to students, and to Miss Sandy. This enabled me to loosen up on Jupiter. It helps to just forget what you're doing a bit, and to not pay too much attention. It's one of the reasons that I listen to audio books in my clay shed. It's a form of "gentle distraction". Your hands and heart take over the project.

After Winter Break, the East Wall will get some attention. The general background color is pink. Michelle, of Heart Room, is working on an undersea mural on the south wall. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...