Tuesday, August 3, 2021

The Tide has Finally Turned



When I applied to Open Studios, back in March, I really didn't have much new work. I was just barely able to squeak in my obligatory seven pieces on the entry form. So, I realized that this summer had to count. For the past two summers, I've experimented a great deal. And, there was much failure. In fact, all of my work was unfinished, uninspired, and cracked. 

I have worked almost every day this summer, to make new work. I really hope that Open Studios goes well. But, even if it doesn't, I know that I've created some successful finished work.

This is the point where almost everything has been bisque fired, and glazing is happening. I had a bout with severe vertigo last week, that blew out 2 1/2 days. So, I'm playing catch up, or as I call it in my fourth grade classroom, I'm "swimming in ketchup". The bowls are all done though. And, some wall signs are heading towards their final firing. There is a large flotilla of plates that will be fired at cone 2 this weekend. 

We're getting there!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...