Monday, May 14, 2018

Wax Works West / Wendy's Studio Space

Loved these paintings in the bathroom...


I am a fourth grade teacher by day, and a ceramic artist by night. And, then there's the weekends. Sometimes, it feels like I'm a weirdo at school. Not so much at my new school, but definitely at my two old schools. So, it's always nice to brush up against "art people". It reminds me who I am. My sister and I took a reliquary workshop with Wendy Aikin. It was really fun to make something with my sister. It was also amazing to wander through the studio space. I am a collector of artifacts, as well. This place felt very familiar, comforting, and affirming.



This is from a spectacular encaustic living room...

Amazing wall boxes and marvelous towers...

A nice supply of brushes...

Saint Teresa, and a few others...

An encaustic message frame...

Sketchbooks or journals, who can tell...

Wendy travels a lot...

Milagros and more...

Maybe he was left over from her current project...

A very colorful anatomical head...

Providing comfort near the sink...

Another work area...

Back to gluing my piece after exploring...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...