Saturday, March 31, 2018

Cupcake Boxes Redux

Hoping to find some time soon to clean up the clay shed...


I want to enter a piece into the show at my neighborhood gallery. The theme for the upcoming member show is "What Nourishes?" I'm hoping to get my pie tower in as a late entry. Curse you evil influenza. I feel like I've been missing deadlines and jumbling things up after being knocked about and ill for so long. I might be able to sell these cupcake boxes in the gift room of the gallery. If not, I can always keep them to sell for later, if I get into Open Studios.

I hadn't made these in a while. So, it was fun to retrace the steps, and to try to remember the construction techniques...


Stamping cupcake bottoms first...
Beginning the lids with flanges, and drying them...
Shaping a few plates in between...
Letting the plates become sun kissed...
The beginnings look a bit crappy...
The cups will come off tomorrow night...
Had a little Easter treat for luncheon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery Week Two

I was lucky that the doctor didn't saw off my bakelite bracelets that I've worn for over 20 years. Some of them are really old. Inst...